Topband: ja opening

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: ja opening
From: PACER99@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:11:41 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2007 6:49:37 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time,
n2icarrl@gmail.com writes:

> By  the grace of the propagation gods, I actually managed to work TWO
Japanese
> stations this morning on the band...!
>
> That  feat was hitherto merely "...dreaming the impossible dream" at VE3CUI.
>
> Many thanks to JA7NI and to JA8ISU for helping me live the dream ---  these
> guys must have exceptional ears to have been to hear me, that's  for
sure...!

> ~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

hi eddy,

great job!

i took a listen around 1400z and heard most of the big guns being called by
large pileups of JA stations. interesting to note that they heard only the
strongest (typical). makes me wonder how many european stations are calling the

west coast stations when they have that rare day. hum, dream about a remote
receiving antenna in North Carolina. now that would be interesting.

called CQ and was answered by only a few JA's. they were all interested in
the east coast boys. i guess that the BY radar was not on last night. hope that
 this will continue.

see all of the topbanders next week in the ARRL phone contest from  XE7T.

73, larry, n7dd

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.