Re: [Amps] B&W FC-30 Filament Choke: EPILOGUE

To: "'EP Swynar'" <gswynar@durham.net>, <topband@contesting.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] B&W FC-30 Filament Choke: EPILOGUE
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 10:33:27 -0500

I have a pair of 813's in GG that I built many years ago and I built a
filament choke from a TV flyback core. It works fine. If I remember right I
cut the ends off one of the C sections to make a straight bar. You could
glue 2 sections together to make a longer one if needed too.

It seems to me that there was an article or two on using these things in one
of the ham magazines years ago. Maybe in the 60's??

73
Gary  K4FMX