Re: Topband: question for modified inverted L

To: ta2rc@superonline.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: question for modified inverted L
From: cris blak <cyo3fff@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 03:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Ozer,

The following situation were simulated on MMANA:

Vertical part = 18m;
slopping part from 18m to 32m = 21m segment;
radials = 32pcs;

Results:

Z = 28 / -j32 Ohm
G = 2.71 dBi
Elevation angle = 23 degrees
Radiation pattern more like as an vertical.

The same INV. L but with the 21m section horizontally will have:

Z = 16.8 / 50.5 Ohm
G = 2.98dBi
Elevation angle = 24 degees
Radiation pattern with less deep null on the zenith.

An INV. L with 18m vertical and 21m slopping down to 9m will be:

Z = 10.7 / 67 Ohm
G = 3.03dBi
Elevation angle = 22 degrees
Radiation pattern almost the same as the previous INV. L.

For me, the best solution will be with not too much vertical section and a
slopping down horizontal section.

Hope this will help you.

73 de YO3FFF
Cristi

"ta2rc@superonline.com" <ta2rc@superonline.com> wrote: Hello all!
I have a question:
If I use the horizontal part of inverted L as slooping to up,(for
example:18 m vertical part and 21 m slooper part to up)what happens?
Any experience?
Thanks and 73!
Ozer TA2RC,YM0T