Re: Topband: Ham Radio in EZ

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ham Radio in EZ
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:52:29 +0000
         Several have noted that the email address
given is bouncing.  Please QRX until I can hopefully
find a valid address.  Turkmenistan did not have ANY
Internet until very recently so it could be due to some
problems on their side.

         In addition to the website AB7E posted, I
found their official site below with a lot of current
news. There are many mentions of developing newer
technologies to benefit their people under their new
leadership.  See 2nd article down on this page:

http://www.turkmenistan.gov.tm/politika/pol%26out_eng.htm

Broadening co-operation in the sphere of telecommunications
/06.04.07/

With a view of broadening co-operation in the sphere of
communications and familiarising with advanced technologies in the
telecommunication sphere the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly
Berdymuhammedov sent a delegation including the Minister of
Communications R. Hojagurbanov, the Deputy Minister of Culture and
Broadcasting, the Chairman of the General Administration of Turkmen
Television S. Alovov and General Director of the Teleradiomerkezi of
the Ministry of Communications of Turkmenistan S. Ekeyev to Germany.
On 9-12 April the delegation will visit Berlin and Munich where the
members of the delegation will hold meetings and negotiations. The
trip is organised at the invitation of the Siemens Networks GMBH Company.

         Hopefully we'll soon hear EZ on the air
again and who knows...maybe some guest ops
from companies (e.g. Siemens) helping to improve
their telecom infrastructure.  This all looks very
promising and I believe we just need to be patient.

                         73,  Bill  W4ZV