Re: Topband: Sunrise times

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Charles Bibb" <zedkay@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Sunrise times
From: "Ian Keyser" <ian.keyser@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:46:27 +0100

> I'm not sure that the exact geometry of the situation matters too
> much, though, because I think the speed with which the rising D-layer
> ionization reaches full absorption of topband signals is more a
> function of the intensity of the solar radiation striking it than
> with the time differential between ground-level sunrise and D-layer
> sunrise, and so varies with solar activity.

As a 'pleb' I am staggered at how much this varies, the other morning I was
chatting with a W ( Anno dominiii explains the reason I cannot remember who
it was!) signals were a true 599 and the sun was streaming through the shack
window.... I then worked a CX station.... what is going on???

Ian, G3ROO

ps.... I'm now on 502KHz, anyone would like skeds??