Topband: 160 Meter season report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160 Meter season report
From: Charles Otnott <wd5bjt@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:30:53 -0400 (EDT)
Fellow Static Crash Chums,

Since returning to the air after the devistation caused by
Hurricane Katrina, I am using a classic "ON4UN's LowBand
DXing" chapter 14 low dipole and 160 meter QRP (100Watts).

With this set up I managed to work 32 countries, and have
worked all continents.

Plans are for a new TX antenna and a beverage or two.
I have supplies for a half wave Herz wire up 15-20 meters
high. Lack of tall vertical supports is the issue here.
Maybe next year a suitable vertical support will be
constructed.

I wish to thank all those who dug my weak signal out of
the static to make a QSO. There are no plans to stop
listening or calling CQ to generate interest here in
Mississippi.

Now for the hard part....Getting those precious QSL cards
to confirm the contacts.

C U on the band.

73 & Best DX

Charlie
WD5BJT

See September 2006 CQ Magazine for a published work.
www.qsl.net/wd5bjt