Topband: K6SE LEGACY

To: "Topband post" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K6SE LEGACY
From: "NX4D" <NX4D@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:06:54 -0400
Earl, K6SE and Jose, EA3VY "invented" the Flag antenna.  When I decided to
build a W7IUV rotary Flag antenna, Earl was always happy to answer my
questions, or discuss any aspect at length.  In particular, I remember his
warning not to use insulated wire, as he thought the insulation would slow down
the phase through horizontal wires, which was already slightly lagging.

As an advancement to Earl's work, the two phased Flag rotary antenna has been
designed, and is being refined by Carlos, N4IS, also a long-time friend of
Earl's. The antenna has been introduced into PY-land, and several eager
topbanders, some also Earl's friends,  are using it to good advantage.

I will always be grateful to Earl for this, and all his contributions to
Topband and HamRadio.  See you on down the log my friend.

73, om Doug / NX4D