Topband: MFJ259

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: MFJ259
From: "Kostas sv1dpi" <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:13:08 +0300
Hello
I have an mfj259
I found that doesn't work right anymore as i compared this with another one
in a dummy load and mine shows around R=31 ohms and x=0 while the right one
shows 50 and 0. I don't know for sure that it worked right in past. I
believe yes but i can't be sure. I read the calibration procedure in w8ji
site but i saw this:
"Warning: Never calibrate around a sudden "problem" that appears. If a
detector suddenly shifts voltage, the problem is almost certainly a
defective detector diode. If the meter is recalibrated with a defective
(leaky) diode, the meter will probably NOT track correctly with frequency"

After this i think that the first thing i check is these diodes. Is there
anyone who has some picures or any site to see more abt it? And if it is my
problem where can i find these diodes to replace? In mfj or these are soem
common diode?

tnx in advance
Kostas sv1dpi