Topband: Antenna Question

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Question
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 23:38:20 -0400
I want to thank all who replied. I'm just in the
design stage right now. I want to have a two band
vertical that will eventually be part of a 4 square
array. I didn't want to use traps because of the
bandwidth reduction and traps have reliability
problems of their own. Since I'm going to be
switching things at the base of the antenna, it
seemed to be a trivial problem to add a vacuum relay
to switch the top loading in and out. perhaps not!
If anyone has any ideas on an efficient two band
antenna suitable for use in a 4 square please let
me know.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)