Topband: BC Trapper cut for Phone Band?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BC Trapper cut for Phone Band?
From: "G. White" <radiotrade@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 13:26:16 -0400
73 to everyone,

I have decide to build a wire BC Trapper. I understand most design info, such
as that of K1ZM and others found on this users-list, is set for the CW band.  I
work very little CW (most send too fast for me) and I would prefer the traps
cut for phone bands. I understand it is best to roll the trap for the longer CW
band and then use a matchbox to bring it into Phone. I really dont want to have
to use a tune.(using the tuner for occational CW-DX would be OK)....BUT I've
read that  I may expect some problems tuning from the shorter phone traps to
the longer CW wavelength.

Any thoughts or exerience on this- but especially any coax trap dimensions or
adjustments to modify the BC Trapper from CW to phone band- would be greatly
appreaciated. Is anyone here running the BC trapper on phone bands using either
the CW trap design or modified phone traps? Documents state that only the traps
require adjustment for small band shits, but perhaps the total wire length will
have to adjusted/shortened too?

73 es tnx in advance

Greg
VA3VFO