Re: Topband: control voltage noise in K9AY loop

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: control voltage noise in K9AY loop
From: Paul Baldock <pbaldock@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:33:14 -0700
At 02:39 PM 10/10/2007, you wrote:
>The problem is that I have serious hum modulation in each of the powered
>positions of the direction switch (+/- 24 DC and 24 AC).

I had the same problem, but only with +/-12V but not with 12V AC. I
solved it by using an isolation style 9:1 transformer rather than the
auto-transformer. I let the input side of the transformer and relays
float from ground out at the antenna.

Also I put .022uF on the output the halfwave rectified signals back
at the shack, because those signals can have pretty fast edges at
zero crossing.

That should fix it.

- Paul