Topband: Transceiver for 160

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Transceiver for 160
From: Bruce Osterberg <n9bx@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:00:19 -0500
Since being New to this Reflector and not looking at too many of the
past posts, I would like to know, which transceiver that people would
recommend for 160 meter DX Use?

I must admit I am confused by the Reports in QST or Sherwood, or Eham,
(little Faith), on what would be the Transceiver to get for 160?

Elecraft has Great Specks, (K2), Have Not seen K3.  TenTec Orion II and
OmniVII  Look Fantastic.  And of course IC-7800 From ICOM.

I have Left out the FT-2000 and the ICOM 756PROII  because I noticed
that the Technical Reviews are being done by people that are neither
contesters or 160 Meter DX operators.  This is not to say that I do not
respect their point of View, but I am looking for recommendations from
the TOPBAND Group that Operate 160.  Sorry for the Long Email.  But
before I plunge into a Rig that is just for the casual DX'er I would
like to hear from this Group.

73 Bruce N9BX