Topband: Transceiver for 160

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Transceiver for 160
From: Bruce Osterberg <n9bx@mchsi.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:40:30 -0500
Thanks very much for all of the Wonderful comments on the different rigs
out there.  And also the links to Tom's site and his reports on several
of the rigs we all seem to be using.

I have an FT-1000MP Mark V with the INRAD Mods, plus Roofing filter.  So
I just bit the bullet and Ordered the K3.  I did this because of the
numerous responses that I received indicating that this just might be
the best out their.

Considering that this rig is Just being shipped, we are betting that
this radio is the best we can hope for without spending 10K on a 7800.
I hope we are all right on this one.  I for one can't wait for the first
reports on 160 meters on this rigs performance.

 From the rest of the reports the FT1000D had the most usage reports
with the TENTEC Orion II next  Closely followed by the K2 and finally
IC-7800.  I think the 7800 only placed last in this comparison because
of its price.  I did not see one single reference to the FTDX9000 or
FT2000 from Yaesu.

73 Bruce N9BX