Topband: Receive 4 Square Array 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Receive 4 Square Array 160
From: Bruce Osterberg <n9bx@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:21:36 -0500
Hi:

While reading Low Band DXing, and also some work by W8JI, and WB4BCR on
how to build a receive 4 Square array, I see that terrain is an
important factor.  Unlike a Beverage that can follow the ground at a
constant height across valleys and hills as long as we keep it say 8-10
feet above the hills and valleys we have good receiving antenna.

But in the receiving Array of 4 vertical antennas how important on
performance does an elevation change have?  Say if Two Verticals are
mounted at the same elevation, but the other two are say down the Hill
and 12-15 foot lower in elevation, will they still work as well?

Basically I want to put them on a sloping hill and wonder if they will
work or should I just stick with the beverage.  No level land here.

73 Bruce N9BX