Topband: whats your 2:1 SWR bandwidth on an EWE ?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: whats your 2:1 SWR bandwidth on an EWE ?
From: "Neil Carr G0JHC" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:44:34 -0000

I have recently put up a couple of simple EWE antennas, one firing East and
the other West. Spec is 5m up at each side and 10m horizontal section. I
have settled for a 1000ohm termination, which gives a 30db F/B. I wound a
bifilar  9:1 transformer and the analyzer shows a 1.1 SWR. All pretty text
book.

My  question is how wide banded are these rx ants suppose to be? I thought
I'd check the 2:1 swr points on the analyzer and was surprised it never went
above 1.5.1 as far up as 50MHz !

Is this correct or have I done something wrong? They do seem to be working
well.

Thanks Neil G0JHC