Re: Topband: One way propagation

To: <k3bu@optonline.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: One way propagation
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:19:09 -0500
On 11th November, Yuri wrote...

"... How do you model atmo/ionosphere between here and Eu? Car (or animal
:-) exhaust and a flashlight?"

*************************************

Hi Yuri,

The fact that propagation on the band is probably not yet a predictable
"...exact science" like that is probably the very thing that makes it so
attractive to die-hard Top Banders...

When / if the day ever arrives where the mystery is totally removed from the
game, I suspect that a LOT of the players therein will simply forfeit their
"...membership", and go off to contemplate the possibilities of life on
other planets, spontaneous human combustion, time travel, etc. etc. Hi Hi.

Meanwhile, we DO, indeed, have our opinions --- whether based upon cold,
hard, scientific observation, or not --- and that all contributes to the
fascination of 160-meters...

Enjoy!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ