Topband: Resistance wire in Beverages?????

To: "TopBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Resistance wire in Beverages?????
From: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:54:53 -0000
Hello all!

Good and low cost wire is hard to find here in Sweden but at the local
farming depot I found something that I thought could be of some use. At
least I thought so before reading more carefully. Now I feel like a question
mark.

Here in Sweden alot of farmers have removed their bob-wire fencing and
replaced it with electrical fence.

I found these 500m (aprox 1640feet) rolls that costs approx $13.
It is made by a thin rope (that still holds 600N stretch) and has 3
interlaced thin stainless steel wires in it.
I know that this should not do it for long term installations but I am only
going to use it over the CQWW weekend.

Now, reading more carefully on the package it says 15 Ohms/m resistance,
another more (4 times) expensive roll has 2 Ohms/m resistance.
Is this a piece of junk wire that would only work with a couple of KV in it
to scare the cows away?
I am thinking to make my beverage somewhere near 160m, that would be a
resistance of a whole 2400 Ohms along the antenna.

I read somewhere on a beverage website that type of wires never matter
unless your looking for rust/life time properties as well as how difficult
it is to break it off.
Would it work for a weekend beverage or is it complete garbage?

73 de Magnus, SM6WET