Re: Topband: Inverted L or 1/4 wave sloper?

To: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ in Waco" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>,<Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L or 1/4 wave sloper?
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:43:14 +0100

>I have a 50' tower with a tribander on top with which to support an inverted L
>or a 1/4 wave sloper.
>Why not just gamma match the tower and use it as a vertical.

Jim I agree with Don K5AQ.. My tower is slightly higher ..18 meters and the
yagi is just above it.
I was using 1/4 wave sloper for almost 15 years and I'v thought its the best
solution (#280 wkd using that sloper),
but 3 years ago I tuned the tower and I used gamma match..the difference
between 1/4 wave sloper and
matched tower was 1 to 3 S...favouring the tower. Its easy to make and to try
it....

                           73
                         Rys
                      SP5EWY