Re: Topband: Finding AM radio stations for antenna optimizing

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Finding AM radio stations for antenna optimizing
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:20:12 -0900

> "Is there an efficient way (web site or whatever) to go about
> identifying
> radio stations in the 1600-1700 KHz range and determining their
> bearing
> from my location?  I need to fiddle with the terminating resistance
> of my
> K9AY loop, which currently has very limited directivity.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR"

Try this: http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amq.html and ttp://www.fcc.gov/
mb/audio/bickel/distance.html
The former is for finding an AM station of interest, and the latter
for determining the azimuth or relative bearing from your QTH Lat/
Long to their transmitter location specified in their station data.

73 Gary NL7Y