Topband: Gamma Feed

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Gamma Feed
From: Frank Hurlbut KL7FH <kl7fh@gci.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:41:39 -0900
Hi topbanders,
I have a 2 part question.
1. I have just completed erecting 2 125' rohn 45G towers. I want to Gamma feed
them as they are not insulated. I have the normal 3 sets of guys and broken
with insulators to be non resonant on the normal ham bands (non WARC). This
what I came up with for the feed. Gamma rod is 24.7' spaced 3.85 from the tower
and the Cap 500pf vacuum variable, motorized with endstop switches. Did I do
the math right?

2. I also was thinking of adding a Gamma match for 80m at the 67' level. Do you
think that will work as a 1/2 vertical element? Or go with something like a
Delta loop between the towers? The towers are spaced 195' apart.
Thank in advance for your input..

Frank KL7FH
432 EME
16X12 ele polarity rotation