Topband: E51 update 11/30

To: topband@contesting.com, smc@w9smc.com, w9ca@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Topband: E51 update 11/30
From: feutz@wctc.net
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:29:24 -0600
Greetings from Rarotonga,

Started about 1030 last night and stuck it out for over 3 hours, with lots
of QRN and poor signal levels.  Nearly everyone worked other than west coast
was below the noise, and both sides struggled.  About 40 US q's.

Tonight, I'll be E51A again, and will CQ high in the band, trying to find a
clear spot.  S&P has been nearly useless so far on 160, with this lousy call
and hardly anyone listening this direction.

Don't know how long I'll stick it out, as I am seriously sleep-deprived and
we have to pack everything tomorrow for a late night flight.  Decent condx
for a change would sure help.

Hope to work a bunch of you tonight.

73,

Ron E51NNN/E51A/KK9K