Topband: K7TJR Antenna

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K7TJR Antenna
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:48:41 -0800
Sorry to hear of your antenna problems K9DX John. The Oregon 100 mph wind storm
also took down my 90 foot top loaded vertical. It has been up for 3 years if I
remember right in a 70 mph wind zone and has survived several other big winds.
A weld (my own darn fault for smoothing it up) broke on a middle guy wire
attachment bracket and the antenna ended up in 4 pieces on the ground. It looks
like a few splices of the irrigation pipe and some extra welding and I hope to
be back up in a few days.  Interesting also to note that 17 Ga. aluminum fence
wire for Beverages will work harden after a few years and break for no good
reason as well. My oldest rolls of wire need to be replaced after 6 or 8 years
of use. Only lost one wire out of 6 during this storm though. I was very lucky
that the contest was over before the worst winds came and did their foul deed.

 Lee K7TJR Oregon