Re: Topband: Vertical array

To: "'Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)'" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>,<Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical array
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:46:27 -0500
Mike,

> What I think would be interesting would be the ability to remotely
> vary the phase of the delay line by a few degrees +/- and attempt to
> optimize the S/N ratio from the antenna  by accounting for the
> varying conditions around my location, say at different times of the
> year when the leaves are on & off the trees.  OR, would that be not
> worth the effort.  Unfortunately, I'm not smart enough to know how to
> do that even if it were worth the effort.

This is a perfect application for a box like the MFJ "noise canceller"
or the DX Engineering "Noise Canceling Controller" with a pair (or
three) active antennas.  Three antennas (one common, the other two at
90 degrees - say in a corner of a lot) wood allow reasonable "null
steering" around the compass using the active phasing control of
the MFJ or DX Engineering boxes.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV