Re: Topband: Antenna Noise canceller

To: vo1he@rac.ca, "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna Noise canceller
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:22:22 -0900
> "I have a MFJ-1025 and have thought about taking it out of my
> transmit line
> but felt that would require me erecting another antenna for it to
> use as a
> cancelling signal. How would you get around that or would I have to
> have 2
> receive antennae? I have my 80M dipole and a coax loop in play now.
> I'd
> rather take it out of the transmit line because it throws off my 6M
> matching
> as well as requiring more coax in the shack."

I have two selectable low-gain noise sense antennas feeding my MFJ-1026.
Each are 10M dipoles, but could be any length, one vertical/one
horizontal, to match the polarization of whatever noise
source is causing the interference problems...and yes, my local noise
is polarized differently
depending the source...I find that being able to select either gives
me a better null, and often
results in going from S9+ to S2-3...If you only have room or patience
for one, then test both
orientations before choosing...also, a simple 102" or shorter Marine/
CB whip antenna with a
minimal ground plane = wires or steel plate will do in a
pinch...that's what I started with, but found
the dipoles to be a bit better.

73 Gary NL7Y