Topband: Has anyone seen this before??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Has anyone seen this before??
From: "VE3MGY" <vy2mgy@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:37:09 -0500
Good Morning all

This morning Japan was really loud into Ontario - 559 to 579 for all the
JA's. If you needed Japan on 160 this may have been your morning.

What happened here I have never seen before in a JA opening. There were
about half a dozen stations I had really good copy on and they were all
loudest by far on the 360 degree beverage - right over the pole and with no
trace of flutter on any signals. [ direct bearing from here is 330 degrees ]
Then two minutes later the only JA I heard was JA5DQH and he was now loudest
on the 270 beverage. To me it looked like the path was originally skewed 30
degrees East from my bearing [ 330 degrees ]  to a direct polar path [ 360
degrees ] and then the polar path instantaneously shut down and a path 30
degrees West opened up here at 270 degrees. I say that because at the same
time the signals all dropped into the noise on the 360 beverage they
immediately picked up on the 270 beverage.

There were a few people working [ or trying to work ] the JA's this morning
so I wonder if anyone else noticed this??

If our JA friends read this maybe they also noticed a difference in the
direction of incoming North American signals this morning [ their evening ]

P.S. It could even happen again in 28 days.

73
Brian
VE3MGY