Topband: Aluminum Lattice Tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Aluminum Lattice Tower
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:47:19 -0600
I now have an Aluminum Lattice Tower.
It measures 12" across, has 8' sections and assembles to approx 67' tall.

I am wanting to make a vertical for 80 out of it and have about three wires
attached to the top in order to make a top loaded
vertical for 160.

I have one section to put in the ground and then a solid very strong fiber
glass rod (1 1/2" diameter) to mate the top section to
the section in the ground. Then run radials from the section in the ground and
make a matching network.

I found this article as a construction guide and would like your opinions as to
whether this will work.
http://www.isp.ca/ve3nh/linvert.htm

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET
Member:
NTCC, CTDXCC, STXDXCC
10X#-37210, SMIRK#-5177
FISTS#-12637, SKCC#-2369