Re: Topband: Daylight QSO's during the SP

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Daylight QSO's during the SP
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 04:09:27 +0000
In past years I routinely hear 1530 KFBK Sacromento CA from Edmonton area
during the midwinter and quiet conditions.  However with the quiet
conditions we had in early November of 2007, I heard a number of MW stations
from Europe and the middle east at local noon and thru the afternoon.  1539
VOA UAE and 1575 R Varda had decent audio, and many other channels had some
audio or were just hets.    Nov 10th was the best day and this repeated
again Dec 2 and Dec 6th.   Dec8th I heard PA3FUN at 1900 utc on 80m and
VE5UA and I worked Gavin GM3MOU at 1917 that day.  Most days we can hear and
work Europe all day on 40 meters, all short path if the magnetic indices are
quiet- as they are now.

No,  I'm not above the Arctic circle - only about 53.4 North.   But I
suspect the first bounce lands pretty close to it....

73 Don
VE6JY