Topband: UA0SC Picture

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: UA0SC Picture
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:57:47 -0500

         Remember those great days when we heard Serge
UA0SC working stations all over North America?  We began
to become jaded thinking that working him just 1000 km north
of JT1CO was commonplace!  Now we hope those great and
very unusual conditions over the pole will return again soon!

         This is a bit of an experiment for me using Google
Pages but here's a link with some pictures Serge sent.

http://93bmwm5.googlepages.com/home

Clockwise from upper left:

UA0SC "Wolves" QSL received about 2 weeks ago
Topband QSLs ready to go out
16.5m (54') DL2KQ vertical (used for both TX & RX)
SO2R station using two FT-2000s

I expected to see Serge's QTH be a very remote cabin
but you can see in the blowup that it is quite populated.
However he says nobody is there in the winter and it
is very quiet, allowing him to do very well with just the
vertical for bot TX/RX.  He now has a 200m Beverage
up but wonders "Where did the condx go?"  Me too!

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  I'm not familiar with Google Pages so this link
may not work permanently...enjoy while you can...
just like the great conditions we had!