Topband: Cable Modems

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Cable Modems
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:20:42 -0500
Recently I had Time Warner come out to install digital telephone. Prior to this
I was a Roadrunner subscriber and used their digital television package. Also
prior to this I experienced no trouble. After the digital telephone was
installed and well after the technician had left I realized that when I
operated full power on 40 and 160 I knocked the cable modem offline thus ending
the telephone and internet services. I found out that by adding a couple of
unknown torroids to the telephone line from the modem to the telephone that
everything cleared up when transmitting on 40 but when I send the first "dit"
on 160 it gets knocked off. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might
do to correct this problem short of canceling the digital phone and finding my
old modem in a scrap heap at Time Warner?

Thanks
Bill AD8P