Topband: D2NX and FO/N6JA

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: D2NX and FO/N6JA
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:08:27 -0500
Most DXers who need it are probably aware D2NX is now QRV on 160m.
His web site reports 30 topband QSOs so far. Koji has been active
working EU around my sunset the past few days but his signal had not
been audible here in Maine. Last night I caught him at his sunrise.
He was quite weak with much QSB but workable. His web site includes
a description of his topband antenna.

http://www.geocities.jp/jm1cax/

I had not heard any update on FO/N6JA topband activity since
October. I recently caught Brad on 20 meters and asked about 160. He
still has the antenna (a very short vertical) but reports poor
conditions with few openings. He mentioned one day in October, I
believe to indicate that was the last time he had much success on
the band. That must have been the night I heard him. Brad is hoping
for some more good conditions on topband.

73,
Paul N1BUG