Topband: Experience with 160/80M vertical

To: tree@kkn.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Experience with 160/80M vertical
From: George Badger <gbadger@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:53:54 -0800 (PST)
Tree
Read my article pg. 37 current Feb. issue QST. It describes my experience [with
an EZNEC analysis] of a similar arrangement. It shows running a full length
160M 1/4 wl wire up one side of my tower, over a boom and mast extension back
down the other side of the tower [ bent-over monopole ]. It makes a better
vertical than an inverted L arrangement.  It is omnidirectional within 0.1 dB.
The numbers comparing the two are in the article.
You are going to have a sensational 160/80 M. array.
Congratulations.
73
George   W6TC