Re: Topband: OZ7YY QSL's

To: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(k5MWH) Watson" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>,"topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: OZ7YY QSL's
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:09:19 -0800
On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:58:34 -0600, Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(k5MWH) Watson
wrote:

>Finn was kind enough to elaborate about his use of LOTW. There are
>several issues, but the bottom line is that he enjoys receiving the
>paper and having it in his collection for purposes other than
>DXCC.  This isn't an unusual position and one which we all can respect.

One can certainly understand and respect Finn's preference for paper
cards. What gets expensive is the green stamps needed for him to MAIL
the return card back to us. It also takes time to fill out and process
those cards. I'm happy to send cards via the bureau when the other guy
wants one and in the mail when he makes it easy for me, and I'm good in
LOTW back to 2003. We Americans may look rich, but most of us aren't,
and many of us have major demands on our time.

73,

Jim K9YC