Topband: RX Splitters - summary

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: RX Splitters - summary
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:38:12 -0500
By popular request, a brief summary.

Many people suggested DX Engineering, KD9SV and ICE splitters.  Others
suggested Minicircuits, which makes a variety of splitters rated 1-100
MHz.  Also favorably mentioned were splitters by K1FZ and W3NQN, as well as
using W3LPL bandpass filters with their inputs in parallel for listening to
the same RX antenna on 2 different bands.

One guy suggested "I have 2 links for homebrewed splitters:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/lab/splitter.html

http://www.dxing.info/equipment/rolling_your_own_bryant.dx";

Several referred me to W8JI's web page for the scoop on Magic Tee combiners.

And finally, several folks suggested using inexpensive cable TV splitters,
reporting that they had tested various ones and they all worked relatively
well down into the broadcast band.  Since I'm as cheap as the next guy,
that's the route I'll be going, at least to start.

Thanks again everyone for all the good ideas.  This is a great reflector!

73, Pete N4ZR