Re: Topband: WA0RCR Saturday evening "new" broadcasts 1860

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WA0RCR Saturday evening "new" broadcasts 1860
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:51:13 -0600

>>How has this persisted so long?
>
> I can tell you that when I was in Chicago, it was VERY unwelcome
> during contests.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim K9YC

Hi Jim:

Well this has been going on for years and years.

When I first got on 160, about 20 years ago or so, I noticed the
broadcasting from WA0RCR. He is located about
25 to 30 miles to the west from  my QTH..

At that time I called the FCC and it appeared that they wern't very
concerned about it and told me to contact the
ARRL.

I did and I have no idea with whom I talked. He said in so many words that
there is nothing that anyone could do
except to talk to WA0RCR and ask him to quit his transmissions.

To me, this is truly one way transmissions which are illegal. Someone said,
"The ARRL is doing the same thing with their bulletins".

73,

Price W0RI