Topband: End Fed Twin Lead Marconi Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: End Fed Twin Lead Marconi Antenna
From: Garry <g.drummond@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:20:58 -0400
I would like to thank all who responded to my post. Your comments are
most helpful. I have been studying ON4UN's Low-Band DXing book and in
particular, the section on vertical antennas, ground planes with
elevated radials. In most cases it seems the more radials the better
with even numbers of radials illustrated. I wonder why the antennas at
WWV are using ground planes with 9 radials? Nine just seems like an odd
number and I wondered if there was a reason for this number as I don't
see any explanation on their website.

Thanks again,
Garry - WR4R