Topband: Topband Propagation the 26th of March

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Topband Propagation the 26th of March
From: "Frantisek Mikulenka" <Frantisek.Mikulenka@onsemi.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:31:19 +0100
Good Morning All,

the propagation the 26th of March was  certainly exceptional.  I took
the holiday to improve my  9X & 5T expedition score, so

I have enough time to monitor the conditions on the radio -  good
openings on 24 and  even 28 MHz and  mainly nice

surprise on low bands  too.

At 17.57UTC Greg ZL3IX was on 1823 with good signal even  on TX
vertical.  Two way qso was nicely  completed with 559/579 reports.

What a thrill for me ! After several months of regular  Greg's SR
checking finally success.  Again mni thanks Greg for a  new one and

chance for Eu to reach ZL.

The opening was really short,  in next couple of mins the signal went
rapidly down and Greg  announced QRT on the chat.

   Looking at the cluster I have seen  that 80m was in the good shape
too.  ZL2AL  and ZL3NB worked with Eu  on cw  with good

signals.

As a each day in last months, Remi FK8CP logged on  in the chat and
announced his split operation 1831/1833 kHz. But big difference

today -instead of noise I am hearing his slow cq keying on
1831kHz,unbelievable, really first time . Just immediate feedback to him
via chat -

I hear you, wait several mins to warm my PA. In the mean time he changed
Rx frequency to 1838-1840. Several Eu top band  stations

called him already but he does not seem to copied any of them. Finally
PA is ready ( longest mins in my life) and I can join to other callers.

He reacted  very quickly, after my first call I hear  nicely on 1831 his
answer -  what a nice music.  On the chat Gun OE3CGU  encouraged

me ... go Franta .. ( tu Gun),  and yes  we completed in next several
mins slow keying beautiful qso.

The path had to really favourite central Eu ( OK ?)  because I was the
only one who has enough lucky to complete regular two way qso with Remi

His signal then slowly faded in next 15mins.

The 160m meters is really pain, a lot of effort  to built competitive
station in  limited space, challenge with Rxing, remote controlling.....

But it is my Mount Everest  and there are some rare happy moments.

73,   Franta, OK2BUZ