Topband: Source for WD-1A Field Wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Source for WD-1A Field Wire
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:25:18 -0400

WY7I wrote:

 >What source do you know of for radial wire...best? cheapest?
         This may be one of the best deals on wire I've
ever seen.  1 mile of WD-1A Field Wire for ~$80 shipped.  A
pair can be split into 2 single pieces which can be used
for single wire Beverages or for radials at a delivered cost
around $0.0076 per foot ($80/10,560').  Wire for one 600'
Beverage would cost $4.55 or 60 130' radials would cost $59.
Don't get carried away bidding up the listing below because
he claims to have 150 miles of it.  He'll also ship via UPS
instead of the USPS Priority quoted.  He's a relatively new
seller but has a 100% rating.  If you use PayPal you have
buyer protection to $200 (or at least I do).

http://tinyurl.com/5kzth7

         Field Wire is extremely strong and would be great for
2-wire Beverages "as is" or for single wire Beverages or
radials when split.  Hope this helps some of you!  I have
no connection with this guy other than being a customer.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV