Topband: 2008 Glorioso DXpedition

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 2008 Glorioso DXpedition
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:36:51 -0400
        This is very good news for the low bands.  Propagation (and QRN
levels) should be much better in the Fall season.

                                            73,  Bill  W4ZV

 "The operation for Glorioso 2008 must be delayed for some weeks.
The commandeer of the south zone of the Indian ocean announced us
due to the fact that important works of facilities will take place on
the island. During two and a half months, at the beginning of June,
shelters anti cyclonic will be built to protect the military personnel
and some equipment for the weather station.

Due to the number of persons who will be on the island during the
same period, we decided--with the military command of force of
the south zone of the Indian ocean--to do this DXpédition when
these works will be ended.

The exact dates will be define according to the operational occupation
of the military transport in this region but we hope to accomplish this
operation to the end of September or the beginning of October.

This leaves us the time to improve our preparations and, we thank you
all those who contribute to the realization of this plan and firstly the
military authorities of the Reunion island and our financial and equipment
sponsors."