Topband: W2GD on the mend

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: W2GD on the mend
From: "Bob McGwier" <rwmcgwier@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:02:54 -0400
As many of you know,  W2GD is a serious contester, especially on 160m where
he has led a great team of operators for years building up a 160m
superstation on the NJ shore.  John has been climbing towers as part of his
living for a few years.  It pays well and leaves lots of time for operating;
all things he loves!

A few days ago, John was erecting a four square in Maine.  There were issues
with one of the towers and it came down with Mon General John Crovelli
riding it (unsuccessfully).    I talked to John last night and for all of
this, big surgery and a long recovery,  he is in great spirits.

For those who know John  AND ALREADY HAVE HIS CELL PHONE, he is accepting
phone calls when he has time.  He will soon be moving to a longer term rehab
center so things are in a bit of flux.  Doug (K1DG) has arranged a blog for
his friends and interested parties to keep up with his progress.

http://www.w2gd-updates.blogspot.com/

I really feel amateur radio and John's friends dodged a serious bullet here.
He would love for you to scribble on his blog (thanks Doug for arranging
this) and send him a note or card if you feel so moved.

73's

Bob

N4HY

(Henny Youngman to John and company)