Re: Topband: Fwd: Paul Bailey VS6DO - SK

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fwd: Paul Bailey VS6DO - SK
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 15:18:22 -0700

Michael Tope wrote:

>Very sorry to hear about Paul. When I was going to college back in the
>mid-80's I can remember hearing him on 80 meter CW one morning from my
>meager home station back in Ohio.  I didn't  make it into the log, but
>it was still a thrill hearing my first zone 26 on 80.
>
>RIP

I must be get old. AFAIK, VS6/VR2 has always been zone 24 (at least in
my ham lifetime). Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that
(perhaps I wasn't thinking). They say memory is the second thing to go.
I can't remember what the first thing is :-)

Anyway hearing Paul was a thrill regardless of the zone.