Topband: Radial Wire?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Radial Wire?
From: Jim Murray <adkmurray@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:27:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
Found a large spool of wire at a local town wide yard sale yesterday for 2
bucks.  The spool is nearly full and pretty heavy.  Someone wrote telephone
wire on the spool and I think that's correct.  The cable itself is marked "2x22
BDW A Superior Essex T10/03 05074 feet.  It has the rubber shield on the
outside followed by a thick layer of aluminum and 4 wires inside.
Contemplating using this for more radials on my inv L (don't know what else I'd
do with it) and wondering the best way to handle it.  First thought is to just
solder all conductors together along with the aluminum casing on one end and
attach it to my radial ring with a more manageable jumper wire and leave the
far end as is.  Have not measured the 4 wires inside but appear to be abt
18ga.  Any thoughts on the best use of this wire for radials?
Cheers,
Jim/k2hn