Topband: CQ DX...calling protocol...

To: hanson@pioneerwireless.net
Subject: Topband: CQ DX...calling protocol...
From: doktorij@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:59:53 +0000
Steve,

Some will make the QSO and some will be very put off by it, depends on
conditions.

Probably your best shot at finding what you need will be during ARRL 160 and
Stew Perry, possibly CQ160.

I've worked LP WAS in a weekend with 100 watts. I'm currently working on QRP
WAS, have the toughest ones, KL7 and KH6 already. ND could be a challenge
tho'...

Don't give up, try calling and listening around 1810 and watch for state QSO
parties that include 160M, like the upcoming Tennessee QSO Party. (hint, hint)

73,
Julius
n2wn

Tennessee QSO Party