Topband: Diversity antennas

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Diversity antennas
From: Björn Mohr <bm@broadcast.se>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:35:35 +0200
I have just installed the second RX in my K3 and start to explore diversity
RX using my inverted L TX antenna and a pennant located about 1/4L away. I
am sure this is far from an optimal setup, but it does provide some nice
effects providing better reception of DX signals. As audio fades back and
fort between left and right channels I assume it is actually working to some
extent when it comes to reducing the effects of fading.

Now my question for the more experienced out there; What would be a good
compromise setup for diversity RX. I am on a small lot and my winter TX
antenna is a 18 meter vertical located 60 meters from 3 pennants in
different directions. What can I add to this to make the most out of
diversity RX?

73 de Björn /SM0MDG