Topband: Marconi Inverted-L report...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Marconi Inverted-L report...
From: "Steve Hanson" <hanson@pioneerwireless.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:59:58 -0400
When I asked for advice earlier last month or so, I said I would send a report
abt my Inverted-L, (so-called Marconi-style, as the entire 130' ant is 450-ohm
window-line)...well, I got it assembled and up, with the vertical portion only
up abt 22'. I have it fed with 150 ft of RG8, no balun or transformer.

With my trusty Kenwood 830S, in the past few weeks, at 80 watts, I have worked
lots of East Coast stateside, several VE's, and SM5EDX, OZ1CXJ, LA7HA, G3PQA. I
have been using the L for both Xmt and receive.  I am totally new to topband,
so have no idea if the ant is adequate, or  if I should I be trying to
reconfigure it, or should I go to a 160 dipole, (it would be low...no big trees
on property, no tower.)

All of the above contacts have been made on or around  before 9:00 PM, EST.
Location is Eastern Maine.

Any input welcome.
Tnx,
Steve in Maine