Topband: Back in the Saddle Again...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Back in the Saddle Again...
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:10:13 -0400
It sure is nice to be back on 160-meters again...!

I spent a good part of the morning yesterday refurbishing the outdoor tuning
network & enclosure of my eastern "L" (the one that's half in the bush here), &
unrolled its temporary (until the next mowing) radials atop the lawn, all
before the jaundiced eye of my XYL.

Despite the steady S-9+ din of QRN that greeted me, I still managed to work
nine stations between last night & this morning, including one 5-watt station
in Miami with a 15' antenna! It was great to receive a report from the west
coast, and to QSO my first DX station of the season, i.e. FM5CD.

I imagine the storm on the east coast is responsible for all of the noise heard
--- still, the propagation IS there, and that's great...AND it will be "abetted
and aided" in the coming weeks as I unfurl my arsenal of K9AY loops & two more
"L" elements...!

I sure missed being active, lo these past 5 months. Now my early-rising habit
will serve some useful purpose, Hi Hi.

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ