Topband: Good season start

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Good season start
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:03:58 -1000
Boy sure is great when the band opens and signals are decent,
Worked ZS1REC for a new one at my sunset,  perfect gray line
opening.
This morning at 1530Z band was open but with much QRN to
Russia and some EU.  Worked 16 qsos with RK3, UA4, RA4,
LY, UU2, RV6, RN6, YB, JA, UA9, etc some signals peaking
579 honest from RA4 etc.
I heard many stations calling just at the noise level,  if QRN was
not so bad I am sure would have worked many more, sorry
for those who I could not pull out.
Working on some phased loop arrays towards Russia for my
sunrise path, almost due north from here.  So hope that will
help on receive.
Sure worth the many days of no signals when the band does
open,  thanks to all and will be QRV every day at sunrise
looking for the path over the north/northwest to open.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6