Re: Topband: 160 CW

To: herbs@surfvi.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 CW
From: Sam M <ka5oai@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 12:29:48 -0500
Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> I love working CW DX on 160, and have trouble sending at times due to
>> arthritis in my wrist. Anyone have a remedy or help idea?

I had once considered trying to build up a "puffer" type of key,
since I had played a trumpet I knew just how fast you could tongue/key a rig.
What I was fantasizing about was using something like the same hardware that
paraplegics use to perform tasks using their breath and some micro pressure
type
switches.

of course this was 20 yrs ago when I was riding motorcycles, I never did
complete the project. perhaps it's time to resurrect the project. not only
would
it be useful for handy hams, even those of us getting old enough to be a bit
shaky at times might find it useful.

maybe one of the smart folks in the group can help out.....

--
GB & 73
KA5OAI