Re: Topband: Topband :"T"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband :"T"
From: "k4pi" <k4pi@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:44:12 -0000
I have several "T" antennas  for 160 M and in actual practice I have found
the horizontal top hat is not twice the amount left over  ie my vertical
portion is 90 ft and the top horizontal of the T is 50 ft. for a total of
140 ft.  In practice it would appear that the total amount of wire for the
vertical and tophat is very to near to a 1/4 wavelength.  I have a friend
that has a 160 T that is only 75 ft vertical and he observed the same thing
for the top hat that I did in that the total amount of wire including the
tophat is just little over a 1/4 wavelength.  73 Mike K4PI