Topband: Beverage Transformer Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Transformer Question
From: "Stan Stockton" <stan@aqity.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 06:46:22 -0500
I have always had single-wire beverages using a binocular core transformer.
Want to try an end fire array using W8JI method of crossfire phasing.  Having
not paid any attention to which wire on the primary of the transformers I have
made went to the center conductor of the coax and which one went to the shield
or which wire of the secondary went to the beverage and which one went to
ground, have I been hit or miss on something?  How do you wind two transformers
and know that you are wiring one with a 180 degree flip as opposed to the other
one?

Would appreciate it if someone could help me out on this.

Thanks...Stan, K5GO