Re: Topband: Topband Warmup comments

To: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Warmup comments
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:45:17 -0400
Mike VE9AA said:

>     I think nearly everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.
> (MUR--PHYY!!!)

At least you made some nice contacts.  Hurricane Omar, whose eye passed
about 8 miles west of my QTH on St. Croix's eastern end was the most
distructive storm since Lenny in 1999. It snapped 80 HV power poles in my
area and , was tempted to try with my generator as most Beverages survived,
as well as my towers, with 120 MPH winds.  However the cage feed on the
tower has disappeared.  I wonder if ther sponsor would consider an award for
the lowest score?  Mine was zero!  My A3 on the top of the tower sheared of
but somehow the tower road it through the storm.

Will try to rebuild as soon as all the two way repeaters, towers,  and radio
stations are finished.

73

Herb, KV4FZ